lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From born2fish <tswan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Embedded Solr Clustering
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:32:21 GMT

Thanks Shalin and Avlesh for your responses.

Yes we are using Solr for a non-traditional search purpose and the
performance is critical. However it sounds like that sharing the same index
could slow down reading / writing to the index. And access synchronization
is tricky as well.

Therefore, we might have to use a single web based Solr instance or use
multiple embedded Solr instances and setup the script based replication.

Thanks again for your help!