lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From jlman <josh.linc...@gmail.com>
Subject Calculate Theoretical Max
Date Sat, 22 Aug 2009 17:42:20 GMT

Is there a way to calculate a theoretical max score for the current query?
This would be the same score you'd get if a document matched the query
exactly. For example:

title:This is my query string
desc:Another field, just to show that this concept isn't limited to basic
queries.

The theoretical max would be the relevancy score to a document with those
same fields. I've simulated this by converting queries into documents (use a
random id,parse the : delimiter and insert the doc), and then noting the
score returned for that doc (the "self-score"), but obviously it's not good
to be adding and deleting docs on a whim.

i think the answer is no, but I also think this could be done by hacking
lucene's relevancy scoring method to output a theoretical max for the given
query.