lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From darniz <rnizamud...@edmunds.com>
Subject Re: solr.StopFilterFactory not filtering words
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:14:13 GMT

Thanks Yonik
So the stopFilter works is that if i give a string like "the elephant is an
animal", and when  i retrieve the document the stored value will always be
the same, only the index will be done on "elephant" and  "animal".
I was of the impression that Solr automatically takes out that words when it
is even storing the value.
How can i confirm that those are the only two terms indexex.
AS you said i gave the following query to check is that the way it was
indexed so if i give q on "animal" it should return me that document, but i
did a q on "the animal" it should not return me that document since "the"
was removed while indexing.
Please let me know my assumption is correct, if this is the case then even i
did a q on "the elephant" it still returns me that document.

q="the%20elphant"&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on&qf=onlynoun^5

And this the field how entered in to Solr
<field name="onlynoun">an elphant is an animal</field>

Thanks