lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From darniz <>
Subject Re: solr.StopFilterFactory not filtering words
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:50:10 GMT

Thanks Yonik
So its basically how the field is indexed and not stored.
So i give "the elephant is an animal" and try to get back the document it
should see the entire string, only the index is done on elephant and animal.
i was of the impression that when solr loads that document it strips out
those words in order to check that i did a q on "the elephant" and when i 
look at the output

 <str name="rawquerystring">"the elephant"</str> 
  <str name="querystring">"the elephant"</str> 
  <str name="parsedquery">+DisjunctionMaxQuery((onlynoun:elephant)) ()</str> 

Is this the correct way of evaluating your index are correctly done.
One last doubt about this is that when i declared the field i gave analyser
as index. what is the difference if i give the analyzer as query. 
<fieldtype name="teststop" class="solr.TextField"> 
        <analyzer type="index"> 
            <tokenizer class="solr.LowerCaseTokenizerFactory"/> 
                <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" words="stopwords.txt"

View this message in context:
Sent from the Solr - User mailing list archive at

View raw message