lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From GiriGG <giri...@gmail.com>
Subject Distributed Search & nightly delete
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:27:39 GMT

Hi All,

I need to build a Search system using Solr. I need to keep data of 30 days
which will be around 400GB.
I will be using Distributed Search with Master/Slaves (Data will be
published to each shard on round robin basis). My challenge is I need to
delete older than 30 days data (around 12GB) every night. Search will be
very high on the data of the current day as well as last 1 week data. How
many shards with masters & slaves I should have to handle the search as well
as to delete old data every night?

Thanks in Advance.