lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Bennett <mbenn...@ideaeng.com>
Subject Using Luke to get terms for docs matching a specific query filter?
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 21:39:28 GMT
You can get a nice list of terms for a field using the Luke handler:
    http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/luke?fl=title&numTerms=1000

But what I'd really like is to get the terms for the docs that match a
particular slice of the index.

For example, let's say I have records for all 50 states, but I want to get
the top 1,000 terms for documents in California.

I'd like to add q or fq like this:
    http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/luke?fl=title&numTerms=1000&q=state:CA
        OR
    http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/luke?fl=title&numTerms=1000&fq=state:CA

Although I don't get any errors, this syntax doesn't seem to filter the
terms.  Not a bug, nobody ever said it would.

But has anybody written a utility to get term instances for a subset of the
index, based on a query?  And to be clear, I was hoping to get all of the
terms in matching documents, not just terms that are also present in the
query.

Thanks,
Mark

--
Mark Bennett / New Idea Engineering, Inc. / mbennett@ideaeng.com
Direct: 408-733-0387 / Main: 866-IDEA-ENG / Cell: 408-829-6513