lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Bill Au <bill.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Lucene's payload in Solr
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 21:30:02 GMT
It looks like things have changed a bit since this subject was last brought
up here.  I see that there are support in Solr/Lucene for indexing payload
data (DelimitedPayloadTokenFilterFactory and DelimitedPayloadTokenFilter).
Overriding the Similarity class is straight forward.  So the last piece of
the puzzle is to use a BoostingTermQuery when searching.  I think all I need
to do is to subclass Solr's LuceneQParserPlugin uses SolrQueryParser under
the cover.  I think all I need to do is to write my own query parser plugin
that uses a custom query parser, with the only difference being in the
getFieldQuery() method where a BoostingTermQuery is used instead of a
TermQuery.

Am I on the right track?  Has anyone done something like this already?
Since Solr already has indexing support for payload, I was hoping that query
support is already in the works if not available already.  If not, I am
willing to contribute but will probably need some guidance since my
knowledge in Solr query parser is weak.

Bill