lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Simon Stanlake <sim...@tradebytes.com>
Subject RE: facet sorting by index on sint fields
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 21:02:46 GMT
To solve this issue I created a subclass of SortableIntField that overrides the getSortField()
method as follows...

	@Override
	public SortField getSortField(SchemaField field, boolean reverse) {
		return new SortField(field.getName(), SortField.INT, reverse);
	}

I'm not really sure of the impact of this change but it seems to now do what I want. I'm curious
as to why the SortableIntField supplied with SOLR uses SortField.STRING here. I found some
references to it in solr-dev but no conclusions.

If anyone has any thoughts about the impact of this change, or why it is not like this by
default I'd be very interested to hear.

Thanks,
Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Stanlake [mailto:simons@tradebytes.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 7:28 PM
To: 'solr-user@lucene.apache.org'
Subject: facet sorting by index on sint fields

Hi,
I have a field in my schema specified using

<field name="wordCount" type="sint"/>

Where "sint" is specified as follows (the default from schema.xml)

<fieldType name="sint" class="solr.SortableIntField" sortMissingLast="true" omitNorms="true"/>

When I do a facet on this field using sort=index I always get the values back in lexicographic
order. Eg: adding this to a query string...

facet=true&facet.field=wordCount&f.wordCount.facet.sort=index

gives me
<lst name="wordCount">
	<int name="1">5</int>
	<int name="10">2</int>
	<int name="2">6</int>

Is this a current limitation of solr faceting or am I missing a configuration step somewhere?
I couldn't find any notes in the docs about this.

Cheers,
Simon