lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chantal Ackermann <chantal.ackerm...@btelligent.de>
Subject Re: DataImportHandler: Partial Delete and Update (Hacking "deleteQuery" in SOLR 1.3?)
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 13:11:47 GMT
Hi again,

1.4 runs fine for me, now, but I'm still struggling for the correct
delete query. There is few to no documentation at all for the new
special commands, and I have problems guessing the correct setup from
reading through the code. SORL-1060 is not enough help.

I've come up with a separate entity for issueing the deletes - is that
how it should be done? How can I make sure that these deletes are issued
before the other entities are processed? Is it enough to put it as first
entity in the config?

<entity name="delete_from_index" pk="GROUPID"
	query="select GROUPID from DEFINITION
	where LANGUAGE='de'
		and CHANGED_DATE > '${dataimporter.last_index_time}'">
	<field column="$deleteDocByQuery"
		query="groupid:${delete_from_index.GROUPID}"/>
</entity>

I am not sure about which attributes to use for the "field" element when
using that special command. I've put the query in with attribute "query"
which is probably not right because I just wrote it down like that.
Should I use the "name" attribute as done for the regular fields? Do I
need to add a $skipDoc command (like it's mentioned in SOLR-1060)?

Thanks!
Chantal