lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Koji Sekiguchi <k...@r.email.ne.jp>
Subject Re: mergeContiguous for multiple search terms
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:23:32 GMT
Hachmann, Bjoern wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we would like to use the highlightingComponent with the mergeContiguous parameter set
to true.

> We have a field with value: Ökonom Charles Goodhart.
>
> If we search for all three words, they are found correctly: <em>Ökonom</em>
>
> But, as I set the mergeContiguous parameter to true, I expected: <em>Ökonom Charles
Goodhart</em>. Am I misunderstanding the behaviour of this parameter? We are using the
dismax-query parser and solr-1.3.

Currrent highlighter doesn't support this type of highlighting.
Using FastVectorHighlighter in Lucene 2.9, when you query
phrase ("Ökonom Charles Goodhart"), you can expect the output
you mentioned above. But it hasn't been in Solr yet.

Koji