lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 99.9% uptime requirement
Date Sat, 01 Aug 2009 06:37:22 GMT
Robi,

Solr is indeed very stable.  However, it can crash and I've seen it crash.  Or rather, I should
say I've seen the JVM that runs Solr crash.  For instance, if you have a servlet container
with a number of webapps, one of which is Solr, and one of which has a memory leak, I believe
all webapps will suffer and "crash".  And even if you have just Solr in your servlet container,
it can OOM, say if you specify overly large caches or too frequent commits, etc.

 Otis
--
Sematext is hiring -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html?mls
Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Katta, Hadoop, HBase, UIMA, NLP, NER, IR