lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Aakash Dharmadhikari <aaka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to set similarity to catch more results ?
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:08:22 GMT
hi Kaoul,

  There are multiple ways that you can use to get the desired results.

   - Stemming - this makes all forms of a word (e.g. Run, Running, Runner)
   match to its stem or root word Run.
   - Synonyms - this will take a list of synonyms from you and would match
   veg = vegetarian and even tiger = lion if you map so.
   - PhoneticFilterFactory - As the name suggests, it would do all your
   soundex matches.

  Apart from these FilterFactories, using a StandardTokenizer would match
"mickey mouse" to "mouse mickey", as you would expect from google.

  There are still tens of other Filters and Tokenizers that you can use,
depending on your need. I would suggest you to go through
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters to get more
understanding of available options.

regards,
aakash