lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Bernadette Houghton <bernadette.hough...@deakin.edu.au>
Subject RE: encoding problem
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 23:03:09 GMT
Hi Shalin, strangely, things still aren't working. I've set the JAVA_OPTS through either the
GUI or to startup.bat, but absolutely no impact. Have tried reindexing also, but still no
impact - results such as -

“My Universe is Here�

bern

-----Original Message-----
From: Shalin Shekhar Mangar [mailto:shalinmangar@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 26 August 2009 5:50 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: encoding problem

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Bernadette Houghton <
bernadette.houghton@deakin.edu.au> wrote:

> Thanks for your quick reply, Shalin.
>
> Tomcat is running on my Windows machine, but does not appear in Windows
> Services (as I was expecting it should ... am I wrong?). I'm running it from
> a startup.bat on my desktop - see below. Do I add the Dfile line to the
> startup.bat?
>
> SOLR is part of the repository software that we are running.

Tomcat respects an environment variable called JAVA_OPTS through which you
can pass any jvm argument (e.g. heap size, file encoding). Set
JAVA_OPTS="-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8" either through the GUI or by adding the
following to startup.bat:

set JAVA_OPTS="-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8"

--
Regards,