lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: Transfer of Index Vs HTTP GET Vs Embedded Solr -- Urgent Help
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 04:49:43 GMT
About the first option, caches are more effective with more traffic,
so ten front end servers using three Solr servers will have better
caching and probably better overall performance than having separate
search on all ten servers. You can even put an HTTP cache in there and
get better caching.

Cached HTTP responses are usually faster than accessing disc locally.

You say you have a "remote web application". How remote? If the
indexes are big, then copying them to a remote location is a lot of
traffic.

wunder