lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Solr failing on "y" charakter in string?
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 00:49:34 GMT
I believe it's because wildcard queries are not stemmed.  During indexing "harry" probably
got stemmed to "harr", so now "harry*" doesn't match, because there is no "harry" token in
that string, only "harr".  Why wildcard queries are not analyzed is described in the Lucene
FAQ on the Lucene Wiki.

You could also try searching for kunde:Harr* for example (not the upper-case Harr).  I bet
it won't result in a hit for the same reason - at index time you probably lower-case tokens
with LowerCaseFilter(Factory), and if you search for Harr*, the lower-casing won't happen
because the query string with the wildcard character isn't analyzed.

Otis
--
Sematext is hiring -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html?mls
Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Katta, Hadoop, HBase, UIMA, NLP, NER, IR