lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Klippel" <br...@theport.com>
Subject why would a search for a specific field value fail when data is present?
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 20:34:49 GMT
Hopefully, someone can tell me what is going wrong here.

I have a field, "SearchObjectType", and a large number of the documents
indexed in a give core have a value of "USER_PROFILE".

When I examine the schema browser in admin, it confirms this.  The term
"USER_PROFILE" is the top term for this field, with a frequency of 7918
of 9202.

When I query for this (SearchObjectType:USER_PROFILE), I get nothing.
When I query for the #2 term(SearchObjectType:TEST_COMMUNITY_GROUPS), I
get the proper number of documents (matching what schema browser
reports).

Here are example responses:

<response>

<lst name="responseHeader">

 <int name="status">0</int>

 <int name="QTime">0</int>

 <lst name="params">

  <str name="indent">on</str>

  <str name="start">0</str>

  <str name="q">SearchObjectType:USER_PROFILE</str>

  <str name="version">2.2</str>

  <str name="rows">10</str>

 </lst>

</lst>

<result name="response" numFound="0" start="0"/>

</response>

<response>

<lst name="responseHeader">

 <int name="status">0</int>

 <int name="QTime">0</int>

 <lst name="params">

  <str name="indent">on</str>

  <str name="start">0</str>

  <str name="q">SearchObjectType:TEST_COMMUNITY_GROUPS</str>

  <str name="version">2.2</str>

  <str name="rows">10</str>

 </lst>

</lst>

<result name="response" numFound="678" start="0">