lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ingo Renner <i...@typo3.org>
Subject Re: search suggest
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:43:20 GMT

Am 28.07.2009 um 19:53 schrieb Jack Bates:

Hi Jack,

> - and searching for "solr suggest" - but haven't figured out how to
> get
> search suggestions from solr

There're two easy ways out of the box that I see currently:

A) using a requesthandler with a TermsComponent

Advantage: easy and fast
Disadvantage: no filter queries

B) using faceting with facet.prefix and an emtpy q parameter (don't
forget to set rows=0)

Advantage: you can use filter queries and pretty much anything else
that works with the standard request handler
Disadvantage: it's a bit slower than the TermsComponent
Note: There might be room for improvement by configuring a dedicated
request handler with only a faceting component

With our TYPO3 Solr integration we first went with A, but then had to
switch to B as we needed filters. So I would suggest to go with B.

HTH
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner