lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "William Pierce" <evalsi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Advice on updating solr indexes
Date Sat, 15 Aug 2009 14:38:19 GMT
Folks:

In our app we index approx 50 M documents every so often.  One of the fields
in each document is called "CompScore" which is a score that our back-end
computes for each document.  The computation of this score is heavy-weight
and is done only approximately once every few days.    When documents are
retrieved during a search we return results sorted by the Solr score first
and then the CompScore.

The issue we have this:  Every week or so when the back-end routines run to
compute "CompScore"  we need to delete and insert these 50 M documents into
the index.   This happens even though the a majority of the documents have
not changed.

I think there is no way in Solr to simply update a field in the index.

If others have encountered a similar issue,  I'd be interested in hearing
about their solutions!

Best,

- Bill