lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From J G <skinny_joe...@hotmail.com>
Subject Solr Replication
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:10:52 GMT

Hello,

We are running multiple slices in our environment. I have enabled JMX and I am inspecting
the replication handler mbean to obtain some information about the master/slave configuration
for replication. Is the replication handler mbean a singleton? I only see one mbean for the
entire server and it's picking an arbitrary slice to report on. So I'm curious if every slice
gets its own replication handler mbean? This is important because I have no way of knowing
in this specific server any information about the other slices, in particular, information
about the master/slave value for the other slices.

Reading through the Solr 1.4 replication strategy, I saw that a slice can be configured to
be a master and a slave, i.e. a repeater. I'm wondering how repeaters work because let's say
I have a slice named 'A' and the master is on server 1 and the slave is on server 2 then how
are these two servers communicating to replicate? Looking at the jmx information I have in
the MBean both the isSlave and isMaster is set to true for my repeater so how does this solr
slice know if it's the master or slave? I'm a bit confused.

Thanks.