lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Elaine Li <elaine.bing...@gmail.com>
Subject Why can't have & sign in the text?
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:05:07 GMT
Hi,

I use text as my field type, but whenever my field has '&' sign, the
post.jar will error out. What can I do to work around this? Thanks.

solr returned an error:
comctcwstxexcWstxLazyException_Unexpected_character___code_32_missing_name__
at_javaxxmlstreamSerializableLocation587f587f__comctcwstxexcWstxLazyException_comctcwstxexcWstxUnexpectedCharException_
Unexpected_character___code_32_missing_name__
at_javaxxmlstreamSerializableLocation587f587f__
at_comctcwstxexcWstxLazyExceptionthrowLazilyWstxLazyExceptionjava45__
at_comctcwstxsrStreamScannerthrowLazyErrorStreamScannerjava729__
at_comctcwstxsrBasicStreamReadersafeFinishTokenBasicStreamReaderjava3659__
at_comctcwstxsrBasicStreamReadergetTextBasicStreamReaderjava809__
at_orgapachesolrhandlerXmlUpdateRequestHandlerreadDocXmlUpdateRequestHandlerjava327__

<fieldType name="mytext" class="solr.TextField" >
      <analyzer>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

Please advise.