lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Avlesh Singh <avl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: defining qf in your own request handler
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:20:59 GMT
>
> is there a parameter where i can flush out the browser cache. Most of the
> time i see cached content in brower and i have to delete the temp files
> folder.
>
You can disable cache in your browser. I think there is already a jira issue
to send no-cache headers to the client for all admin pages.

the other thing i wanted to know how to do stem search. Does dismax allows
> you to do it.
> for example if i say q=thriller i should get all documents which have text
> like thrilling, thrillls etc... Sorry i could have given a better example
> cant think of any. but is there a stem search option in this.
>
Stemming is typically applied to field content via a token filter factory.
It can be done index time and/or query time depending upon how you want to
use it. There is no parameter as such. You would need to add a stem filter
to your field's analyzer. Searches on this field will automatically give you
desired results. More on stemming here -
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters#head-88cc86e4432b359030cffdb32d095062b843d4f5

Lastly could you please explain what the following clauses in dismax
> decleration means
> <str name="spellcheck">true</str>
> <str name="spellcheck.onlyMorePopular">false</str>
> <str name="spellcheck.extendedResults">true</str
> <str name="spellcheck.collate">true</str>
>
These are parameters for the spellcheck component - an out of the box
utility which lets you detect spelling errors during query time (if any).
More on the component here - http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpellCheckComponent

Cheers
Avlesh

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 11:38 PM, darniz <rnizamuddin@edmunds.com> wrote:

>
> Thanks it working now.
> Moving on the same topic i need two more answers
>
> 1) is there a parameter where i can flush out the browser cache. Most of
> the
> time i see cached content in brower and i have to delete the temp files
> folder.
>
> 2) the other thing i wanted to know how to do stem search.
> Does dismax allows you to do it.
> for example if i say
> q=thriller
> i should get all documents which have text like thrilling, thrillls etc...
> Sorry i could have given a better example cant think of any.
> but is there a stem search option in this.
>
> 3)Lastly could you please explain what the following clauses in dismax
> decleration means
>  <str name="spellcheck">true</str>
>  <str name="spellcheck.onlyMorePopular">false</str>
>  <str name="spellcheck.extendedResults">true</str>
>  <str name="spellcheck.collate">true</str>
>
>
> Thanks
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://www.nabble.com/defining-qf-in-your-own-request-handler-tp25119913p25120889.html
> Sent from the Solr - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message