lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ilan Rabinovitch <i...@fonz.net>
Subject Single Configuration for Master/Slave Replication - SOLR-1355
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2009 02:49:08 GMT
Hello,

I noticed the the documentation around Solr Replication in the wiki has
recently changed to take Paul's patch into account (SOLR-1355).

I now see that with the current trunk of SOLR 1.4 it is possible to use
a single solrconfig.xml to define both master and slave configurations,
with environment variables determining which mode is selected.

Can settings outside of the "replication" handler be set different based
on which mode is enabled as well?

For example, settings such as cache sizes might differ between a master
and a slave configuration (ie autowarming, cache sizes, etc).

Can those similarly be wrapped in a <lst> tag with a name of master or
slave set?

Thanks,
Ilan

--
Ilan Rabinovitch
ilan@fonz.net

---
SCALE 8x: 2010 Southern California Linux Expo
Feb 19-21, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
http://www.socallinuxexpo.org