lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Manepalli, Kalyan" <KALYAN.MANEPA...@orbitz.com>
Subject RE: how to scan dynamic field without specifying each field in query
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 17:17:38 GMT
You can copy the dynamic fields value into a different field and query on that field.

Thanks,
Kalyan Manepalli

-----Original Message-----
From: gdeconto [mailto:gerald.deconto@topproducer.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 12:06 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: how to scan dynamic field without specifying each field in query

say I have a dynamic field called Foo* (where * can be in the hundreds) and
want to search Foo* for a value of 3 (for example)

I know I can do this via this:

http://localhost:8994/solr/select?q=(Foo1:3 OR Foo2:3 OR Foo3:3 OR ...
Foo999:3)

However, is there a better way?  i.e. is there some way to query by a
function I create, possibly something like this:

http://localhost:8994/solr/select?q=myfunction('Foo', 3)

where myfunction itself iterates thru all the instances of Foo*

any help appreciated