lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erwin <erwin.kwo...@gmail.com>
Subject Why dismax isn't the default with 1.4 and why it doesn't support fuzzy search ?
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 16:14:40 GMT
Hello,

Solr is a great software, but I have some interrogations like :

The wiki says "As of Solr 1.3, the DisMaxRequestHandler is simply the
standard request handler with the default query parser set to the
DisMax Query Parser (defType=dismax).". I just made a checkout of svn
and dismax doesn't seems to be the default as :
- http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=test~0.5
and
http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=test~0.5&qt=dismax
doesn't show the same results.
Note that I'm new to solr and I'm using the "example".

So is dismax really the default ?

Secondly, I've patched solr with
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-629 as I would like to have
fuzzy with dismax. I built it with "ant example". Now, behavior is
still the same, no fuzzy search with dismax (using the qt=dismax
parameter in GET URL).

In advance, thanks a lot.