lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Dan A. Dickey" <dan.dic...@savvis.net>
Subject Re: Does the default operator affect phrase searching?
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 21:47:02 GMT
On Wednesday 02 September 2009 16:37:03 Gérard Dupont wrote:

> > Yes, it does - thanks!
> > Back to translating legacy search queries into Solr search queries.  :)
> >         -Dan
> >

> Just curious : what legacy system is it ?

Sorry, but at the moment - I don't think I'm at liberty to say.

My problem was that somewhere along the way I picked up the mis-understanding
that I could do a phrase search like Text:"david pdf" and Solr/lucene would pick up
all documents that hit the field Text with either 'david' or 'pdf'.  Now, I'm just doing the
query as something like Text:"david" OR Text:"pdf".  This seems to work as expected,
and I'm getting 79 hits (it's ok to be one better than before - I imagine I'm doing
a little more indexing with Solr than legacy X).
	-Dan

--
Dan A. Dickey | Senior Software Engineer

Savvis
10900 Hampshire Ave. S., Bloomington, MN  55438
Office: 952.852.4803 | Fax: 952.852.4951
E-mail: dan.dickey@savvis.net