lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Uri Boness <ubon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Field Collapsing (was Re: Schema for group/child entity setup)
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 07:54:38 GMT
The development on this patch is quite active. It works well for single
solr instance, but distributed search (ie. shards) is not yet supported.
Using this page you can group search results based on a specific field.
There are two flavors of field collapsing - adjacent and non-adjacent,
the former collapses only document which happen to be located next to
each other in the otherwise-non-collapsed results set. The later (the
non-adjacent) one collapses all documents with the same field value
(regardless of their position in the otherwise-non-collapsed results
set). Note, that non-adjacent performs better than adjacent one. There's
currently discussion to extend this support so in addition to collapsing
the documents, extra information will be returned for the collapsed
documents (see the discussion on the issue page).

Uri