lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Uri Boness <ubon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Field Collapsing (was Re: Schema for group/child entity setup)
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 20:49:16 GMT
The collapsed documents are represented by one "master" document which
can be part of the normal search result (the doc list), so pagination
just works as expected, meaning taking only the returned documents in
account (ignoring the collapsed ones). As for the scoring, the "master"
document is actually the document with the highest score in the
collapsed group.

As for Solr 1.3 compatibility... well... it's very hart to tell. All
latest patch are certainly *not* 1.3 compatible (I think they're also
depending on some changes in lucene which are not available for solr
1.3). I guess you'll have to try some of the old patches, but I'm not
sure about their stability.

cheers,
Uri