lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shalin Shekhar Mangar <shalinman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exact Word Search
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 12:51:56 GMT
On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 6:06 PM, bhaskar chandrasekar
<bas_sree@yahoo.co.in>wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have integrated Solr with Carrot2 Cluster Engine (v 3.1.0).
>
> Carrot2 is used as a presentation layer. Carrot2 sends requested query to
> external source (Solr) and get results from Solr.
> Carrot2 may not be responsible for forming Query. It would have been
> handled from Solr end.

Can you post the exact query that your application or Carrot2 is sending to
Solr? Can you also list the Solr field and type defined in schema.xml which
is being searched?

> Please help me with the below scenarios.
>
> Scenario: (Please DO NOT consider any case sensitive)
>
> Assuming I give "bhaskar" as input string
> It should give me search results pertaining to word ‘bhaskar’ only.
>
> I am expecting output like below database query
> Select * from MASTER where name =’bhaskar’;
>
> Above query suppose to return matched records for ‘bhaskar’..

Use a solr.TextField with KeywordTokenizer and LowerCaseFilter and search
with q=field-name:"field-value"

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.