lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ade B <adrian.bro...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Garbled data in response - reading from mySQL database
Date Sat, 03 Oct 2009 08:21:43 GMT

Hi

I am using the DIH to import data from a mySQL database. Everything was fine
in that I could index the data, and search the index and return the correct
results. However, I have just changed my database-config.xml file to add the
primary key value of a table to a field composed of other values. For
example in the entity definition below from the database-config.xml file, I
have added changed

concat(i.name,'|',ih.name) to concat(i.name,'|',ih.name,'|',i.id).

<entity name="ingredient" query="select concat(i.name,'|',ih.name,'|',i.id)
as name, concat(i.quantity,'|',ih.name,'|',i.id) as quantity,
concat(i.unit,'|',ih.name,'|',i.id) as unit from ingredientheader ih,
ingredient i where ih.id = i.ingredientHeader_id and
ih.recipe_id='${recipe.id}'"
		deltaQuery="select ih.recipe_id from ingredientheader ih, ingredient i
where ih.lastModified > '${dataimporter.last_index_time}' or i.lastModified
> '${dataimporter.last_index_time}'"
                parentDeltaQuery="select id from recipe where id =
'${ingredientheader.recipe_id}'">
    		<field name="ingredientName" column="name"/>
    		<field name="ingredientUnit" column="unit"/>
    		<field name="ingredientQuantity" column="quantity"/>
</entity>

The query runs correctly in MySQL and returns the correct data. I can still
index the data without error, but the response now contains garbage for
these fields.

Example snippet of response is:

<arr name="ingredientName">
<str>[B@1f759bf</str>
</arr>
−
<arr name="ingredientQuantity">
<str>[B@2513d0</str>
</arr>
−
<arr name="ingredientUnit">
<str>[B@1a82c58</str>
</arr>

Note: I am using a nightly build of Solr 1.4 from 26/9/2009.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ade