lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From gdeconto <gerald.deco...@topproducer.com>
Subject how can I use debugQuery if I have extended QParserPlugin?
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 16:05:53 GMT

in a previous post, I asked how I would go about creating virtual function in
my solr query; ie: http://127.0.0.1:8994/solr/select?q=@myFunc(1,2,3,4)

I was trying to find a way to more easily/cleanly perform queries against
large numbers of dynamic fields (ie field1, field2, field3...field99).

I have extended QParserPlugin so that I can do this. the extended method
replaces the virtual function section of the query with an expanded set of
fields; "@myFunc(1,2,3,4)" can become something like "(A1:1 AND B1:2 AND
C1:3 AND D1:4) OR (A2:1 AND B2:2 AND C2:3 AND D2:4) OR ... (A99:1 AND B99:2
AND C99:3 AND D99:4))"

one thing I noticed is that if I append debugQuery to a query that includes
the virtual function, I get a NullPointerException, likely because the
debugging code looks at the query passed in and not the expanded list that
my code generates.

I would like to be able to use debugQuery to analyse my queries, including
those with the virtual function.

What would I have to modify to get debugQuery to work??

thx in advance.