lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From markwaddle <m...@markwaddle.com>
Subject RE: Solr under tomcat - UTF-8 issue
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 06:12:29 GMT

I was originally using POST for the same reason, however I discovered that
Tomcat could easily be configured to accept any length URI. All it requires
is specifying the maxHttpHeaderSize attribute in your default Connector in
server.xml. I set my value to 1MB, which is certainly excessive, but it
ensures I will never hit the limit. As the other chap mentioned, I now have
the benefits of caching and most importantly, proper web logs!

I also have a similar situation where I constrain the search results based
on the user's role. I have only two roles to support, so my case is very
simple, but I could imagine having a multivalued "role" field that you could
perform facet queries on.

Mark