lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: index size before and after commit
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 14:08:32 GMT
Here is how you need 3X. First, index everything and optimize. Then
delete everything and reindex without any merges.

You have one full-size index containing only deleted docs, one full-
size index containing reindexed docs, and need that much space for a
third index.

Honestly, disk is cheap, and there is no way to make Lucene work
reliably with less disk. 1TB is a few hundred dollars. You have a free
search engine, buy some disk.

wunder