lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chantal Ackermann <chantal.ackerm...@btelligent.de>
Subject Where to place ReversedWildcardFilterFactory in Chain
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 09:51:21 GMT
Hi all,

I would have two questions about the ReversedWildcardFilterFactory:
a) put it into both chains, index and query, or into index only?
b) where exactly in the/each chain do I have to put it? (Do I have to
respect a certain order - as I have wordDelimiter and lowercase in
there, as well.)

More Details:

I understand it is used to allow queries like "*sport".

My current configuration for the field I want to use it for contains
this setup:

<fieldType name="text_cn" class="solr.TextField">
   <analyzer>
        splitOnCaseChange="1" splitOnNumerics="1"
        stemEnglishPossessive="1" generateWordParts="1"
        generateNumberParts="1" catenateAll="1"
        preserveOriginal="1" />
   </analyzer>
</fieldType>

The wiki page
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters states for
the ReversedWildcardFF:
"Add this filter to the index analyzer, but not the query analyzer."

However, the API for it says it provides functionality at index and
query time (my understanding):
"When this factory is added to an analysis chain, it will be used both
for filtering the tokens during indexing, and to determine the query
processing of this field during search."

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Chantal

--