lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Christian Zambrano <czamb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with WordDelimiterFilterFactory
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 22:43:05 GMT
Could you please provide the exact URL of a query where you are
experiencing this problem?
eg(Not URL encoded): q=fieldName:"hot and cold: temperatures"

On 10/07/2009 05:32 PM, Bernadette Houghton wrote:
> We are having some issues with our solr parent application not retrieving records as
expected.

> For example, if the input query includes a colon (e.g. hot and cold: temperatures), the
relevant record (which contains a colon in the same place) does not get retrieved; if the
input query does not include the colon, all is fine.  Ditto if the user searches for a query
containing hyphens, e.g. "asia - civilization, although with the qualifier that something
like "asia-civilization" (no spaces either side of the hyphen) works fine, whereas "asia -
civilization" (spaces either side of hyphen) doesn't work.

> Our schema.xml contains the following -
>
>      <fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
>        <analyzer type="index">
>          <tokenizer class="solr.WhitespaceTokenizerFactory"/>
>          <!-- in this example, we will only use synonyms at query time
>          <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory" synonyms="index_synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true"
expand="false"/>
>          -->
>                                  <filter class="solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory"/>
>          <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" ignoreCase="true" words="stopwords.txt"/>
>          <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1"
catenateWords="1" catenateNumbers="1" catenateAll="0"/>
>          <filter class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory"/>
>          <filter class="solr.EnglishPorterFilterFactory" protected="protwords.txt"/>
>          <filter class="solr.RemoveDuplicatesTokenFilterFactory"/>
>        </analyzer>
>        <analyzer type="query">
>          <tokenizer class="solr.WhitespaceTokenizerFactory"/>
>                                  <filter class="solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory"/>
>          <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory" synonyms="synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true"
expand="true"/>
>          <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" ignoreCase="true" words="stopwords.txt"/>
>          <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1"
catenateWords="0" catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="0"/>
>          <filter class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory"/>
>          <filter class="solr.EnglishPorterFilterFactory" protected="protwords.txt"/>
>          <filter class="solr.RemoveDuplicatesTokenFilterFactory"/>
>        </analyzer>
>      </fieldType>
>
> Bernadette Houghton, Library Business Applications Developer
> Deakin University Geelong Victoria 3217 Australia.
> Phone: 03 5227 8230 International: +61 3 5227 8230
> Fax: 03 5227 8000 International: +61 3 5227 8000
> MSN: bern_houghton@hotmail.com
> Email: bernadette.houghton@deakin.edu.au<mailto:bernadette.houghton@deakin.edu.au>
> Website: http://www.deakin.edu.au
> <http://www.deakin.edu.au/>Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code 00113B (Vic)
>
> Important Notice: The contents of this email are intended solely for the named addressee
and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents is expressly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and any attachments
immediately and advise the sender by return email or telephone.