lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From tarjei <tar...@nu.no>
Subject Sorting by insertion time
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 06:18:25 GMT
Hi,

Quite often I want a set of documents ordered by the time they were
inserted, i.e. "give me the 5 latest items that matches query foo". I
usually solve this by sorting on a date field.

I had a chat with Eric Hatcher when he visited Javazone 2009 and he said
that Solr places documents on disk in insertion order.

This would make it possible for me to save a sorting step by not sorting
by a specific field, but by insertion time in reverse.

AFAIK Lucene knows how to do this, but which request parameters should I
use in Solr?

Kind regards,
Tarjei

--