lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Jungermann <patrick.jungerm...@googlemail.com>
Subject multi-word synonyms and analysis.jsp vs real field analysis (query, index)
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 23:16:03 GMT
Hi list,

I worked on a field type and its analyzing chain, at which I want to use
the SynonymFilter with entries similar to:

foo bar=>foo_bar

During the analysis phase, I used the /admin/analysis.jsp view to test
the analyzing results produced by the created field type. The output
shows that a query "foo bar" will first be separated by the
WhitespaceTokenizer to the two tokens "foo" and "bar", and that the
SynonymFilter will replace the both tokens with "foo_bar". But as I
tried this at "real" query time with the request handler "standard" and
also with "dismax", the tokens "foo" and "bar" were not replaced. The
parsedQueryString was something similar to "field:foo field:bar". At
index time, it works like expected.

Has anybody experienced this and/or knows a workaround, a solution for it?

Thanks, Patrick