lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Passing request to another handler
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2009 12:14:43 GMT
Shalin Shekhar Mangar wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 10:53 PM, Andrzej Bialecki <ab@getopt.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What's the canonical way to pass an update request to another handler? I'm
>> implementing a handler that has to dispatch its result to different update
>> handlers based on its internal processing.
>>

> An update request? There's always only one UpdateHandler registered in Solr.

Hm, yes - to be more specific, what I meant is that I need to
pre-process an update request and then pass it on either to my own
handler (which performs an update) or to the ExtractingRequestHandler
(which also performs an update).

>> Getting a handler from SolrCore.getRequestHandler(handlerName) makes the
>> implementation dependent on deployment paths defined in solrconfig.xml.
>> Using SolrCore.getRequestHandlers(handler.class) often returns the
>> LazyRequestHandlerWrapper, from which it's not possible to retrieve the
>> wrapped instance of the handler ..
>>

> You must know the name of the handler you are going to invoke. Or if you are
> sure that there is only one instance, knowing the class name will let you
> know the handler name. Then the easiest way to invoke it would be to use a

I do know the class name - ExtractingRequestHandler. But when I invoke
SolrCore.getRequestHandler(Class) I get an empty map, because this
handler is registered as lazy, and this means that it's represented as
LazyRequestHandlerWrapper.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><