lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "R. Tan" <tanrihae...@gmail.com>
Subject Scoring for specific field queries
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 05:00:05 GMT
Hi,
How can I get wildcard search (e.g. cha*) to score documents based on the
position of the keyword in a field? Closer (to the start) means higher
score.

For example, I have multiple documents with titles containing the word
"champion". Some of the document titles start with the word "champion" and
some our entitled "we are the champions". The ones that starts with the
keyword needs to rank first or score higher. Is there a way to do this? I'm
using this query for auto-suggest term feature where the keyword doesn't
necessarily need to be the first word.

Rihaed