lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From bhaskar chandrasekar <bas_s...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Search results order
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 17:19:37 GMT
Hi,

I have indexed my xml which contains the following data.

<add>
<doc>
  <field name="url">http://www.yahoo.com </field>
  <field name="title">yahoomail</field>
  <field name="description">yahoo has various links and gives in detail about the all
the links in it</field>
</doc>
<doc>
  <field name="url">http://www.rediff.com</field>
  <field name="title">It is a good website</field>
  <field name="description">Rediff has a interesting homepage</field>
</doc>
<doc>
  <field name="url">http://www.ndtv.com</field>
  <field name="title">Ndtv has a variety of good links</field>
  <field name="description">The homepage of Ndtv is very good</field>
</doc>
</add>

In my solr home page , when I search input as “good”

It displays the docs which has “good” as highest occurrences by default.

The output comes as follows.
<doc>
  <field name="url">http://www.ndtv.com</field>
  <field name="title">Ndtv has a variety of good links</field>
  <field name="description">The homepage of Ndtv is very good</field>
</doc>
<doc>
  <field name="url">http://www.rediff.com</field>
  <field name="title">It is a good website</field>
  <field name="description">Rediff has a interesting homepage</field>
</doc>

If I need to display doc which has least occurrence of search input “good” as first result.

What changes should I make in solrconfig file to achieve the same?.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

For me the output should come as below.

<doc>
  <field name="url">http://www.rediff.com</field>
  <field name="title">It is a good website</field>
  <field name="description">Rediff has a interesting homepage</field>
</doc>
<doc>
  <field name="url">http://www.ndtv.com</field>
  <field name="title">Ndtv has a variety of good links</field>
  <field name="description">The homepage of Ndtv is very good</field>
</doc>

Regards
Bhaskar