lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shalin Shekhar Mangar <shalinman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr Timeouts
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 09:28:04 GMT
On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 2:19 AM, Giovanni Fernandez-Kincade <
gfernandez-kincade@capitaliq.com> wrote:

> What does the "maxCommitsToKeep"(from SolrDeletionPolicy in SolrConfig.xml)
> parameter actually do? Increasing this value seems to have helped a little,
> but I'm wary of cranking it without having a better understanding of what it
> does.

maxCommitsToKeep is the number of commit points (a point-in-time snapshot of
the index) to keep from getting deleted. But deletion of commit points only
happens on startup or when someone calls commit/optimize.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.