lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Pravin Karne <pravin_ka...@persistent.co.in>
Subject Solr Quries
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 04:29:48 GMT
Hi,
I am new to solr. I have following queries :

1.       Is solr work in distributed environment ? if yes, how to configure it?

2.       Is solr have Hadoop support? if yes, how to setup it with Hadoop/HDFS? (Note: I am
familiar with Hadoop)

3.       I have employee information(id, name ,address, cell no, personal info) of 1 TB ,To
post(index)this data on solr server, shall I have to create xml file with this data and then
post it to solr server? Or is there any other optimal way?  In future my data will grow upto
10 TB , then how can I index this data ?(because creating xml is more headache )

Thanks in advance

-Pravin

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.