lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Bernadette Houghton <bernadette.hough...@deakin.edu.au>
Subject RE: weird problem with letters S and T
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 23:22:07 GMT
Joel, did you restart tomcat? Need to restart each time you change schema.xml.
bern

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Nylund [mailto:jnylund@yahoo.com] 
Sent: Thursday, 29 October 2009 10:21 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: weird problem with letters S and T

Well I tried removing those 2 letters from stopwords, didnt seem to  
help, I also tried changing the field type to "text_ws", didnt seem to  
work. Any other ideas?

thanks
Joel

On Oct 28, 2009, at 6:42 PM, Martijn v Groningen wrote:

> I think that is not a problem, because your are only storing one
> character per field. There are other text field types that do not have
> the stop word filter, so give your first letter field that field type.
> In this way stopword filter analyser is only disabled for searches on
> the first letter field.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Martijn
>
> 2009/10/28 Joel Nylund <jnylund@yahoo.com>:
>> Thanks Bern, now that you mention it they are in there, I assume if  
>> I remove
>> them it will work, but I probably dont want to do that right?
>>
>> Is there a way for this particular query to ignore stopwords
>>
>> thanks
>> Joel
>>
>> On Oct 28, 2009, at 6:20 PM, Bernadette Houghton wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Joel, I had a similar issue the other day; in my case the  
>>> solution
>>> turned out to be that the letters were stopwords. Don't know if  
>>> this is your
>>> answer, but worth checking.
>>> Bern
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: Joel Nylund [mailto:jnylund@yahoo.com]
>>> Sent: Thursday, 29 October 2009 9:17 AM
>>> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
>>> Subject: weird problem with letters S and T
>>>
>>> (I am super new to solr, sorry if this is an easy one)
>>>
>>> Hi, I want to support an A-Z type view of my data.
>>>
>>> I have a DataImportHandler that uses sql (my query is complex, but  
>>> the
>>> part that matters is:
>>>
>>> SELECT f.id, f.title, LEFT(f.title,1) as firstLetterTitle FROM Foo f
>>>
>>> I can create this index with no issues.
>>>
>>> I can query the title with no problem:
>>>
>>> http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=title:super
>>>
>>> I can query the first letters mostly with no problem:
>>>
>>> http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=firstLetterTitle:a
>>>
>>> Returns all the foo's with the first letter a.
>>>
>>> This actually works with every letter except S and T
>>>
>>> If I query those, I get no results. The weird thing if I do the  
>>> title
>>> query above with "Super" I get lots of results, and the xml shoes  
>>> the
>>> firstLetterTitles for those to be "S"
>>>
>>> <doc>
>>> <str name="firstLetterTitle">S</str>
>>> <str name="id">84861348</str>
>>> <str name="title">Super Cool</str>
>>> </doc>
>>> −
>>> <doc>
>>> <str name="firstLetterTitle">S</str>
>>> <str name="id">108692</str>
>>> <str name="title">Super 45</str>
>>> </doc>
>>> −
>>> <doc>
>>>
>>> etc.
>>>
>>> Any ideas, are S and T special chars in query for solr?
>>>
>>> here is the response from the s query with debug = true
>>>
>>> <response>
>>> −
>>> <lst name="responseHeader">
>>> <int name="status">0</int>
>>> <int name="QTime">24</int>
>>> −
>>> <lst name="params">
>>> <str name="q">firstLetterTitle:s</str>
>>> <str name="debugQuery">true</str>
>>> </lst>
>>> </lst>
>>> <result name="response" numFound="0" start="0"/>
>>> −
>>> <lst name="debug">
>>> <str name="rawquerystring">firstLetterTitle:s</str>
>>> <str name="querystring">firstLetterTitle:s</str>
>>> <str name="parsedquery"/>
>>> <str name="parsedquery_toString"/>
>>> <lst name="explain"/>
>>> <str name="QParser">OldLuceneQParser</str>
>>> −
>>> <lst name="timing">
>>> <double name="time">2.0</double>
>>> −
>>> <lst name="prepare">
>>> <double name="time">1.0</double>
>>> −
>>> <lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent">
>>> <double name="time">1.0</double>
>>> </lst>
>>> −
>>> <lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.FacetComponent">
>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>> </lst>
>>> −
>>> <lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.MoreLikeThisComponent">
>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>> </lst>
>>> −
>>> <lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.HighlightComponent">
>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>> </lst>
>>> −
>>> <lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.DebugComponent">
>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>> </lst>
>>> </lst>
>>> −
>>> <lst name="process">
>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>> −
>>> <lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent">
>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>> </lst>
>>> −
>>> <lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.FacetComponent">
>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>> </lst>
>>> −
>>> <lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.MoreLikeThisComponent">
>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>> </lst>
>>> −
>>> <lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.HighlightComponent">
>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>> </lst>
>>> −
>>> <lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.DebugComponent">
>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>> </lst>
>>> </lst>
>>> </lst>
>>> </lst>
>>> </response>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> Joel
>>>
>>
>>

Mime
View raw message