lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re : Solr - Plugin : QParserPlugin is not working..
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:13:20 GMT

On Oct 27, 2009, at 12:58 PM, Phanindra Reva wrote:

> Hello All,
>           I am a newbie, learning Solr - plugins concept. While
> following the tutorials on the same from
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPlugins , I have tried to work on
> Query Parser plugin concept by extending QParserPlugin class.
>  I have registered my custom plugin class in solrconfig.xml using
> following ,
>
>                     <queryParser name="queryParserPluginOne"
> class="plugin.query.parser.QueryParserPluginOne"/>
>
> and I have linked the same with default request handler by including
> the following in solrconfig.xml.
>
>                    <requestHandler name="requestHandlerPluginOne"
> class="plugin.request.RequestTestOne" default="true" >
> 	                        <lst name="defaults">
> 		                      <str name="defType">queryParserPluginOne</str>
> 	                        </lst>
>                   </requestHandler>
>
>                  The implmentation is basic and which has some
> System.out.println() s and addition of request params. To be brief, my
> problem is I dont find any effect of the code thats included in my
> custom Query Parser plugin class and its not part of the flow, but I
> am sure that my custom request handler is part of the flow. I would be
> glad if you solve my problem.

What's the URL you are sending to Solr that is invoking the req.
handler?  Also, check your startup logs and make sure you code was
loaded.  You should see some printout somewhere indicating as much.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search