lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dave Searle <dave.sea...@magicalia.com>
Subject Re: weird problem with letters S and T
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 01:02:55 GMT
Or just reload the app pool. No need to restart the whole server

On 28 Oct 2009, at 23:23, "Bernadette Houghton" <bernadette.houghton@deakin.edu.au 
 > wrote:

> Joel, did you restart tomcat? Need to restart each time you change  
> schema.xml.
> bern
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Joel Nylund [mailto:jnylund@yahoo.com]
> Sent: Thursday, 29 October 2009 10:21 AM
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: Re: weird problem with letters S and T
>
> Well I tried removing those 2 letters from stopwords, didnt seem to
> help, I also tried changing the field type to "text_ws", didnt seem to
> work. Any other ideas?
>
> thanks
> Joel
>
> On Oct 28, 2009, at 6:42 PM, Martijn v Groningen wrote:
>
>> I think that is not a problem, because your are only storing one
>> character per field. There are other text field types that do not  
>> have
>> the stop word filter, so give your first letter field that field  
>> type.
>> In this way stopword filter analyser is only disabled for searches on
>> the first letter field.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Martijn
>>
>> 2009/10/28 Joel Nylund <jnylund@yahoo.com>:
>>> Thanks Bern, now that you mention it they are in there, I assume if
>>> I remove
>>> them it will work, but I probably dont want to do that right?
>>>
>>> Is there a way for this particular query to ignore stopwords
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> Joel
>>>
>>> On Oct 28, 2009, at 6:20 PM, Bernadette Houghton wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi Joel, I had a similar issue the other day; in my case the
>>>> solution
>>>> turned out to be that the letters were stopwords. Don't know if
>>>> this is your
>>>> answer, but worth checking.
>>>> Bern
>>>>
>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>> From: Joel Nylund [mailto:jnylund@yahoo.com]
>>>> Sent: Thursday, 29 October 2009 9:17 AM
>>>> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
>>>> Subject: weird problem with letters S and T
>>>>
>>>> (I am super new to solr, sorry if this is an easy one)
>>>>
>>>> Hi, I want to support an A-Z type view of my data.
>>>>
>>>> I have a DataImportHandler that uses sql (my query is complex, but
>>>> the
>>>> part that matters is:
>>>>
>>>> SELECT f.id, f.title, LEFT(f.title,1) as firstLetterTitle FROM  
>>>> Foo f
>>>>
>>>> I can create this index with no issues.
>>>>
>>>> I can query the title with no problem:
>>>>
>>>> http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=title:super
>>>>
>>>> I can query the first letters mostly with no problem:
>>>>
>>>> http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=firstLetterTitle:a
>>>>
>>>> Returns all the foo's with the first letter a.
>>>>
>>>> This actually works with every letter except S and T
>>>>
>>>> If I query those, I get no results. The weird thing if I do the
>>>> title
>>>> query above with "Super" I get lots of results, and the xml shoes
>>>> the
>>>> firstLetterTitles for those to be "S"
>>>>
>>>> <doc>
>>>> <str name="firstLetterTitle">S</str>
>>>> <str name="id">84861348</str>
>>>> <str name="title">Super Cool</str>
>>>> </doc>
>>>> −
>>>> <doc>
>>>> <str name="firstLetterTitle">S</str>
>>>> <str name="id">108692</str>
>>>> <str name="title">Super 45</str>
>>>> </doc>
>>>> −
>>>> <doc>
>>>>
>>>> etc.
>>>>
>>>> Any ideas, are S and T special chars in query for solr?
>>>>
>>>> here is the response from the s query with debug = true
>>>>
>>>> <response>
>>>> −
>>>> <lst name="responseHeader">
>>>> <int name="status">0</int>
>>>> <int name="QTime">24</int>
>>>> −
>>>> <lst name="params">
>>>> <str name="q">firstLetterTitle:s</str>
>>>> <str name="debugQuery">true</str>
>>>> </lst>
>>>> </lst>
>>>> <result name="response" numFound="0" start="0"/>
>>>> −
>>>> <lst name="debug">
>>>> <str name="rawquerystring">firstLetterTitle:s</str>
>>>> <str name="querystring">firstLetterTitle:s</str>
>>>> <str name="parsedquery"/>
>>>> <str name="parsedquery_toString"/>
>>>> <lst name="explain"/>
>>>> <str name="QParser">OldLuceneQParser</str>
>>>> −
>>>> <lst name="timing">
>>>> <double name="time">2.0</double>
>>>> −
>>>> <lst name="prepare">
>>>> <double name="time">1.0</double>
>>>> −
>>>> <lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent">
>>>> <double name="time">1.0</double>
>>>> </lst>
>>>> −
>>>> <lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.FacetComponent">
>>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>>> </lst>
>>>> −
>>>> <lst  
>>>> name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.MoreLikeThisComponent">
>>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>>> </lst>
>>>> −
>>>> <lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.HighlightComponent">
>>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>>> </lst>
>>>> −
>>>> <lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.DebugComponent">
>>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>>> </lst>
>>>> </lst>
>>>> −
>>>> <lst name="process">
>>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>>> −
>>>> <lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent">
>>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>>> </lst>
>>>> −
>>>> <lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.FacetComponent">
>>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>>> </lst>
>>>> −
>>>> <lst  
>>>> name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.MoreLikeThisComponent">
>>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>>> </lst>
>>>> −
>>>> <lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.HighlightComponent">
>>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>>> </lst>
>>>> −
>>>> <lst name="org.apache.solr.handler.component.DebugComponent">
>>>> <double name="time">0.0</double>
>>>> </lst>
>>>> </lst>
>>>> </lst>
>>>> </lst>
>>>> </response>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> thanks
>>>> Joel
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>
Mime
View raw message