lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Prasanna Ranganathan <pranganat...@netflix.com>
Subject Re: Question about PatternReplace filter and automatic Synonym generation
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 05:49:12 GMT

On 10/5/09 8:59 PM, "Christian Zambrano" <czambran@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wouldn't it be better to use built-in token filters at both index and
> query that will convert 'it!' to just 'it'? I believe the
> WorkDelimeterFilterFactory will do that for you.

 We do have a field that uses WordDelimiterFilter but it also uses a Stemmer
and Stopword filter. That field is used for a stemmed match with a nominal
boost. However, the field I am talking about is for an exact match (only
lowercase and synonym filter) with a higher boost than the field with the
WordDelimiterFilter.

Prasanna.