lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Glock, Thomas" <thomas.gl...@pfizer.com>
Subject RE: Solr under tomcat - UTF-8 issue
Date Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:44:55 GMT

Thanks but not working...

I did have the URIEncoding in place and just again moved the URIEncoding attribute to be the
first attribute - ensured I saved sever.xml, shut down tomcat, deleted logs and cache and
still no luck....  Its probably something very simple and I'm just missing it.

Thanks for your help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Zsolt Czinkos [mailto:czinkos@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:36 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Solr under tomcat - UTF-8 issue

Hello

Have you set URIEncoding attribute to UTF-8 in tomcat's server.xml (on connector element)?

Like:

<Connector URIEncoding="UTF-8" connectionTimeout="20000" port="8080"
protocol="HTTP/1.1" redirectPort="8443"/>

Hope this helps.

Best regards

czinkos

2009/10/24 Glock, Thomas <thomas.glock@pfizer.com>:

> Hoping someone can help -
>
> Problem:
>        Querying for non-english phrases such as Добавить do not return any
results under Tomcat but do work when using the Jetty example.

>        Both tomcat and jetty are being queried by the same custom (flash) client
and both reference the same solr/data/index.

>        I'm using an http POST rather than http GET to do the query to solr.  I believe
the problem must be in how tomcat is configured and had hoped the -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 would
solve it - but no luck.  I've stopped started tomcat and deleted the work directory as well.

>        Results are the same in both IE6 and Firefox and I've used both firebug and
fiddler to view the http request/responses.  It is consistent - jetty works, tomcat does
not.