lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: stats page slow in latest nightly
Date Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:19:02 GMT

: > we can always turn the size estimator off ... or turn it only only when
: > doing the insanity checks (so normal stats are fast, buf if anything is
: > duplicated you'll get info on the size of the discrepancy)
:
: Is this something we want to do before release?  I'm not at all
: familiar with the new size estimator stuff, so I'm not sure how long
: it can actually take for a big index.

crap ... this slipped my mind.  Yeah, we probably ought to do it before
the release.  I suspect if you've got things tuned for lots of little
segments it could be so slow to be worthless.

I won't have access to the code until monday, but i'm pretty sure this
should be a fairly trivial change (just un-set the estimator on the
CacheEntry objects)

-Hoss