lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Solr under tomcat - UTF-8 issue
Date Sat, 24 Oct 2009 16:42:48 GMT
Try using example/exampledocs/test_utf8.sh to narrow down if the
charset problems you're hitting are due to servlet container
configuration.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

2009/10/24 Glock, Thomas <thomas.glock@pfizer.com>:

> Thanks but not working...
>
> I did have the URIEncoding in place and just again moved the URIEncoding attribute to
be the first attribute - ensured I saved sever.xml, shut down tomcat, deleted logs and cache
and still no luck....  Its probably something very simple and I'm just missing it.

> Thanks for your help.

any results under Tomcat but do work when using the Jetty example.

>>        Both tomcat and jetty are being queried by the same custom (flash) client
and both reference the same solr/data/index.

>>        I'm using an http POST rather than http GET to do the query to solr.  I
believe the problem must be in how tomcat is configured and had hoped the -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
would solve it - but no luck.  I've stopped started tomcat and deleted the work directory
as well.

>>        Results are the same in both IE6 and Firefox and I've used both firebug
and fiddler to view the http request/responses.  It is consistent - jetty works, tomcat does
not.