lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Solr for term-completion with counts
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 21:30:01 GMT
On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Jonathan Hendler
<jonathan.hendler@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> We're happily migrating our MySQL fulltext search to SOLR/faceted search.
>
> We're doing a term suggest on a large text field and doing facet.sort=count.
> The numbers returned represent total times the term shows up - I'd like to
> have the numbers represent the total documents (unique ids) containing the
> term instead.

That is what you're getting... the docfreq (the number of documents)
that contain the term.

> Can I do this through a facet query or another param ?

Faceting should also work... the terms component is very much like the
faceting component except that it always works over the complete index
(including deleted docs!) instead of a subset of it.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com