lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andrew McCombe <eupe...@gmail.com>
Subject A little help with indexing joined words
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 14:21:23 GMT
Hi
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction with regards to
indexing words that are concatenated together to make other words or product
names.

We have indexed a product database and have come across some search terms
where zero results are returned.  There are products in the index with
'Borderlands xxx xxx', 'Dragonfly xx xxx' in the title.  Searches for
'Borderland'  or 'Border Land' and 'Dragon Fly' return zero results
respectively.

Where do I look to resolve this?  The product name field is indexed using a
text field type.

Thanks in advance
Andrew